Hope all of you are doing well and using your time wisely during the lockdown. Remember to keep yourself healthy, take care of your mental health, constantly up-skill yourself and most importantly, to contribute towards the fight against the ongoing crisis.
Here are 5 ways you can volunteer digitally during the lockdown:
• Create a WhatsApp group and add all your friends, family, relatives, and acquaintances living in your neighborhood. Yes, it is that simple. Remember to include maximum number of people in this group, even if you do not know them or you do not like them. The purpose is to spread awareness, identify individual and collective needs, and to ensure that all physical distancing protocols are being taken care of. You can share important news, recent developments in research, timings about when local shops are open, plan online events to keep yourselves engaged, and also to socialize with other members in the group.
Not only will this help control the spread of the virus, but it will also help identify people who need help. Just try and imagine all neighborhoods following such a simple, yet effective initiative.
• Start an online campaign towards a cause that you support, towards a section of people who may need help, or to feed the stray animals on the roads. You will be surprised to see how many people care for the same things that you do, and how they extend their appreciation and support towards your noble efforts.
Use the array of crowd funding platforms at your disposal. You can set up your own campaigns on the website, or even adopt some other person or organization’s campaign if you believe in them and want to raise funds towards the same cause. If this seems complicated to you and you just have the heart to help, you need not worry. All you need to do is contact them through their phone or e-mail, and they will guide you or even set up the campaign on your behalf. With good reach, even the smallest of contributions can make a difference. Click on this link for once such example of one of the campaigns on our website, which is raising funds for donation of masks: https://goodclap.com/donate-facemasks
Money and resources are a scarce commodity in the corona virus pandemic. Your crowd funding campaign can make sure that they are used in the right way.
• Use social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat etc. to spread awareness, and to counter fake news and negative assessments. Effective communication and messaging can help you shed light on regional and locality specific problems, for e.g. if you see a group of people gathering and disobeying protocols in your area, you can effectively expose them using social media. You can also share and repost useful links and articles and help negate false media and announcements, while promoting data and facts which will help everyone make better choices.
Read this article: https://time.com/5802802/social-media-coronavirus/ to understand why it is important for you to disseminate misinformation and rumors on social media.
• By using various Covid-19 tracking apps on your smart phones and chatbots on WhatsApp to get automated responses to your questions about the crisis, and inviting others to do the same. This will not only help you get accurate and reliable information to all your queries, but also help the Government keep track of all developings in and around the country.
Follow this link to access the MyGov Helpdesk:
If you believe you are a tech geek, and are good at designing apps, you can also participate in their latest video conferencing app design competition and win accolades for your talent and contribution
• Donate towards the poor and the needy through online payment apps like PayTm, GooglePay, PhonePe, Stripe, and absolutely any other online communication channel you are comfortable with.
Daily laborers and migrant workers in our country are faced with hunger and uncertainty, and are coming out in masses to protest and to find a way home. We can blame them all we want for not following protocols, but do they have a choice?
Watch this video as migrant workers protest for lack of food amidst the lock down extension: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpST8TNcAKI
If you think you are well off, and can afford to donate some money towards these people, then this is a very effective way to volunteer. You can donate directly towards the Government relief care funds, or any other funding campaign by simply transferring money from your debit or credit cards towards the account number associated with these funds, using simple online banking systems or through the above-mentioned apps. However, please beware of fraudulent payment interfaces and tread with caution.
To start a fundraiser call/WhatsApp on +91 7702065511 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or visit website: www.goodclap.com.
Subscribe to Goodclap - Causes: Addressed, Talents: Nurtured, Innovations: Supported!
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox